Coaching is a collaboration.
Our coaching relationship is a collaboration. I am not the expert consultant who will tell you what to do. I'm your partner. We create the coaching goals and action plan jointly. Coaching is not advice, therapy, mentoring, consulting or counseling; it is a blend of these and other contemporary disciplines, drawing on a host of techniques to develop new skills and mindsets. Our coaching relationship is completely confidential, although I may provide periodic progress updates to your supervisor, with your consent. (Coaching can be recommended but it cannot be required.)
Coaching services include:
- Use of 3 forums: onsite/in-person, telephone, and email. Telephone consultations are typically about 45 minutes to an hour in length, scheduled on alternate weeks.
- Shadow coaching (real-time observation and feedback)
- Assessment tools and interpretation
- Modified 360 (collation of personal interviews with identified colleagues)
- Reading resources (articles, books)
- Development exercises (written exercises, practice assignments)
- Coaching for/with feedback partners, colleagues
- Accountability and progress mapping.
The executive coaching engagement is most effective when you commit to a minimum of 3 months. Real change tends to show up at around the 3-month mark. Successful engagements often extend up to, and occasionally beyond, a year.
1. Organizational Sponsorship.* I submit a written proposal outlining goals, methods, and timeline that is reviewed by you and your sponsor for approval. We tailor it to your specific needs and interests with input from your sponsor. Your company pays the fees for my services and is invoiced at agreed intervals.
2. Individual Contract.** Together we design a specific agreement outlining goals, methods, and timeline that works for you. You pay my fees directly, monthly, which are payable in advance of the month coaching occurs, usually by credit card.
*Fees are significantly reduced for non-profit executives and staff
** Fees are occasionally adjusted to suit private pay clients' circumstances.
Back to top›
“The learning process combined abstract discussions with concrete exercises which I continue to apply each day in my new [leadership] role, as well as in my personal life.”
Chief of Staff, Dept. of Surgery, HMO
"Bonnie is a remarkable thought partner in complex matters of transition, goal, setting, organizational behavior, and matching aspiration and practice. Our coaching sessions are illuminating and energizing."
Executive Director, Social Justice Legal Advocacy Organization
"There are few things that have supported my professional development as well as a cheerleader who asks tough questions, examines underlying motivations, and challenges me to grow. I have grown and I am better for it."
Sr. Partner & VP, Engineering Firm